jueves, 3 de junio de 2010

Film Review: El Secreto de sus Ojos

El secreto de sus Ojos is an argentinian movie directed byJuan José Campanella, adapted from the book "La Pregunta de sus Ojos" by Eduardo Sacheri. Basically the film is about a retired detective, played by Ricardo Darín, who wants to solve a crime that happened many years ago. With the help of his best-friend, and woman that he always loved but never dared to tell, he investigates the leads that they had in that time and compares them with what is actually happening, at the end being the character able to solve the mistery and leaving a shocking result.
Seeing the complexity of the storyline itself, the director did an amazing job with editing the picture. Something that I will explain right now. Because the movie transitioned from the present to the past and so on, the editing had to make it clear when was the past and the preset. To do this, they used make-up, making the actors "age". Another thing that they used was the clothing, changing it from time to time. They would also use shots in which they was a montage of the actors being in that place, using for that effect cuts between the footage they had, and what they were filming. Although the film is very strong, has some "disturbing" scenes, if I were a film editor and wanted to know more about the shots used in it, then I would definitley watch it, because in this area there was a huge success, along the fact that the story was a thriller from the start to the end. The use of objects and the interactions that had with the characters led a lot to the imagination of the viewer, being that a difficult and important tool that a director must have.
P.D: This movie won the Oscar for Best Foreign Language Film of the Year

1 comentario:

  1. I think that movie will like too much if I see that. I like the way you explain everything.Good job =)

    ResponderEliminar