jueves, 27 de mayo de 2010

Movie Review: Forrest Gump


Today I'm gonna make a review of a movie that we saw in film class called Forrest Gump, directed by Robert Zemeckis and with Tom Hanks, Robin Wrigt and Sally Field in the main roles. Because we all know what the movie is about, I will only comment on the editorial point of view. What I mean with this is that I will talk about the effects, shots, angles and innovations they used and created during the film.

We can all say that in the use of effects, this movie did an amazing job. The slow motion sound effects, the ones with the ping pong ball, the storm and feather were all perfectly done. The one I like dthe most was the one in which they used historical archives of ancient presidents and in them they installed Forrest Gump (in my opinion an amazing and very difficult effect)

In the shots we could see that they used the wide shot to make us know were the character was, the medium shot in moments in which they characters were seen, the over the shoulder shot to show that two people were talking. Extreme Close up's to show the feelings that the eyes of the characters showed and Close up's to focus on their faces.

Angles they used the bird eyes view in location scenes, the high shot in the scene where Lt. Dan was challenging God to sink the boat and to see the bullies that attacked Forrest.

The innovations we could see that was they made perfect use of the make-up. Especially to show age improvement in the characters and the passing of time.

After all of this we can agree that Forrest Gump is a film that was beyond its time and that no matter when we watch it, we will still be amazed by it.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario